Clinical Project Funding for Advanced Practice Oncology Nurses
Jeannie Wirth, MSN,
RN, CNS, AOCN®
Clinical Project Plan for
Improving End-of-Life Care
All awards, grants and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Purpose: To provide support for a clinical project (e.g. EBP or QI) conducted by advanced practice oncology nurses with a MSN or DNP for the purpose of facilitating innovative solutions to the challenges of delivering patient-centered, evidenced based and accessible care. Projects must utilize existing evidence for implementation into practice.
- To support professional development of the APN or DNP in oncology through clinically-based projects (e.g. EBP, QI).
- To support implementation of patient-centered, evidence based practice in oncology care that promote practice or system changes and improves patient and or organizational outcomes.
Grant: Up to $5,000 per year for two (2) years as long as progress is made on the project after one year.
- Graduate of an MN, MSN, or DNP program.
- Currently practicing in an APN role.
Projects NOT Funded:
- Research projects or add-on portions to current research projects intended to generate new evidence.
- Capital projects
- Equipment funding
- Travel expenses, including those related to dissemination of outcomes
- Publication expenses, including those related to dissemination of outcomes
- Capstone or thesis projects
- Academic education
Application deadline: June 15, 2016