The ONS Foundation advances oncology nursing science, providing research grants and career development awards.
A major goal of the ONS Foundation is to provide funding to support the ONS research agenda. The ONS Foundation research grant program provides financial support for two of the major goals of the ONS research agenda: (1) To increase the knowledge base for oncology nursing practice, and (2) To prepare future oncology nurse researchers. The detailed ONS Research Agenda can be found on the ONS website.
Research grant review criteria and helpful grant writing resources are available below:
- Reviewer Comment-Scoring Form (Word)
- Reviewer Comment-Scoring Form (PDF)
- Reviewer Orientation Slides (PDF)
- Some Helpful Hints
- Grant Writing Tips
To fund studies designed to increase scientific knowledge
ONS Foundation provides two types of research grant funding mechanisms:
1) Research grants up to $25,000 for investigator initiated research projects that address the ONS Research Agenda. Available annually with required Letters of Intent due August 15 and Applications due September 15 each year
2) Special topic research grants, for amounts greater than $25,000. Notification of funding opportunities is posted when funding becomes available.
Current Funding Opportunities
|2014 Research Grant||
Purpose: Grants designed to support oncology nursing research conducted by beginning and experienced researchers.
In addition to general oncology nursing topics, the ONS Foundation has partnered with other organizations to offer the following grants.
SPECIAL RESEARCH GRANTS AND/OR GRANTS WITH A SPECIFIC FOCUS
Funding: up to $25000
Letter of Intent:
Researcher Career Development Awards
Designed to provide support for activities related to developing research skills.
|Research Career Development Award||
Purpose: This award funds activities to increase the recipient's knowledge and experience related to further developing his/her program of research by supporting short-term oncology research education training and mentorship.
Funding: $20,000 (including $2,000 for mentor or mentor's institution)
Letter of Intent: