Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Applications Open: September 15, 2021
Applications Due: March 15, 2022
Applicants notified via email by: April 1, 2022
Debi Boyle, RN, MSN, AOCN®, FAAN long-time member of ONS and past member of the Oncology Nursing Foundation Board Trustees tragically lost her beloved daughter Ceira Boyle on February 4, 2010. Ceira filled a room with her presence – her smile, outgoing personality, laughter, and compassion. To honor her memory Ms. Boyle teamed-up with the Oncology Nursing Foundation to offer the Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship. This scholarship was designed specifically for a student nurse with family or a close friend that experienced cancer and is interested in pursuing a career in cancer nursing.
Purpose: Foster the intention of a student nurse having a personal family/close friend experience with cancer, to specialize in oncology nursing by supporting their attendance at the ONS Congress®.
- Must be living in the Anaheim, CA area.
- Must be a BSN student currently enrolled in their junior or senior year and interested in pursuing a career in cancer nursing.
- Personal family or close friend experience with cancer
- Ability to attend the conference in its entirety: April 28th, 2022- May 1st, 2022 in Anaheim, CA
- Willing to participate in a pre and post-Congress zoom call with the foundation and a designated mentor for discussion.
- Registration to attend the ONS Congress® 2022 and access to a local oncology nurse mentor.
- Up to $50/day for meals and transportation expenses during the conference.
- 1-year membership in ONS.
- Follow the link below to begin your application.
Application deadline: 2022-03-15Apply Online
2021 Ceira Boyle Oncology Student Nursing Scholarship Recipients
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, CA
Commerce Township, MI