Master's scholarships are supported by the Oncology Nursing Foundation and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
Applications Open: September 15, 2023
Applications Due: February 1, 2024
Applicants notified via email by: End of April 2024
Scholarship funding available after: July 1, 2024
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Purpose: To provide scholarships to registered nurses committed to oncology nursing and pursuing a master’s degree in a relevant field.
Award: Mater's scholarships are awarded at $5,000 each.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in, accepted to, or have applied to a master’s degree program at an accredited institution in the 2024-2025 academic year (starting fall 2024).
- The candidate must be in good academic standing.
- The candidate must be a registered nurse.
- The candidate must have a commitment to oncology.
- The candidate must provide a letter of reference from the current work supervisor or academic advisor on organizational letterhead, signed by the individual providing the recommendation.
- Agree to participate in a post-graduation survey.
A $5.00 non-refundable application processing fee is required prior to application submission. Once you make your payment you will receive an email from ONS Customer Service. Please type the Order number in the Application Fee Payment Code box on your application.
Scholarship can only be used for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, lab fees, and equipment required for approved courses at the educational institution for the 2024-2025 academic year. Funds are not permitted for travel-related expenses for any course. Any funds not used for approved expenses must be returned to the Oncology Nursing Foundation.
Reviewers will score applications on several factors including the applicant’s ability to:
- Clearly answer
sthe essay question and addresses the Foundation’s mission pillars and diversity, equity, and inclusion statements (found in the application).
- Submit an application that is strong in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and conciseness.
- Reflect on your role in oncology and how you’ve grown professionally, but also how you’ve contributed to the cancer care community through membership or volunteer positions.
- Include specific, measurable, actionable, realistic goals related to the advancement of oncology nursing.
Points to Consider:
- Do not wait until the last day to start an application as a quality and competitive application will take time to complete.
- We suggest that you use your time wisely by getting a head start and collecting any additional required items such as the name and email address of someone writing your letter of recommendation before you begin.
- Your essay responses should be of good quality, in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, conciseness, and ability to answer the question. Ensure you submit a detailed response and use the word count to your advantage.
- To strengthen your application, use free online tools such as Grammarly and have someone read over your application to ensure accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
How To Apply:
- Applications currently open; use the link below to apply.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- All questions must be submitted to the Foundation prior to 4:30 pm Eastern Time on the day of the application due date in order to receive a response prior to the deadline.
- No late applications will be accepted, and all applications must be submitted through the application platform.
- You will need:
- Letter of Recommendation
- Professional, Membership, and Volunteer experience.
- Essay responses:
- At ONF, we achieve our mission by supporting the oncology nursing community, a population composed of a wide variety of individuals who have many differences. As a philanthropic organization, we are committed to respecting, accepting, and embracing the diversity of all oncology nurses, their patients, and employers, as well as our employees, and other stakeholders. By providing funding that supports our three mission pillars of education, research and leadership, we empower everyone to succeed by promoting inclusive environments and equitable treatment.
- In 100 words or less, describe your professional goals, how your goals relate to the advancement of oncology nursing, and how this educational program will assist you in achieving your stated goals.
- In 500 words or less, describe the impact of:
- a. your work on cancer patient care.
- b. how you have grown professionally as a nurse.
- c. how your role exemplifies the pillars of the Oncology Nursing Foundation?
- d. how your role exemplifies your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Application deadline: 2024-02-01Apply Online
2023 Master's Scholarship Recipients
Christina Alexander, BSN, RN, OCN®
Natalie Alvarado, RN, MPH
New Haven, CT
Tashawa Anagbogu, BSN, RN, OCN®
Min Joo Baek, RN, BSN
Anna Bradley, BSN, RN, BMTCN®
Sarah Brown, BSN, RN, OCN®
Tiffany Brown, RN, BSN, CPN, CPHON®
Kathryn Bucknell, BSPH, RN, CCRC
Kathryn Curran, BSN, RN-BC, CPHON®
Bridget Dorkewitz, BSN, RN, OCN®
Mount Pleasant, SC
Jessica Drope, BSN, RN, OCN®
Marco Fajardo, RN, BSN, OCN®, CHPN
Neal Forney, BSN, RN, OCN®
Ashley Gandy, BSN, RN, OCN®, BHCN
Hilary Gorgol, RN, BSN, CHPN
Denise Herriges, RN, BSN, OCN®
Sarah Hindenach, OCN®
Beka Hoffacker, RN, BSN, BMTCN®
Ashley Howard, BSN, RN, OCN®
Grand Forks, ND
Abbygail Jeansonne, BSN, RN, BMTCN®
Yelena Korpacheva, BSN, OCN®
Los Altos, CA
Lindsay Krott, BSN, RN
Madison Lewis, BSN, RN, OCN®
Jose Llanas, BSN, RN, BMTCN®
Katrina MacDonald, BSN, RN, CPHON®
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Grace Mangiacapre, RN, BSN, BMTCN®, OCN®
Amanda McCoy, RN, BSN, OCN®
De Witt, IA
Ellen Moore, RN, BSN, OCN®
San Jose, CA
Paige Mullen, BSN, RN, OCN®
Jennifer O'Brien, BSN, RN, OCN®
Lisa Pierce, BSN, RN, CPHON®
Ashley Richards, RN, BSN, OCN®
Johanna Rochat, RN, BSN, OCN®
Dalimar Rodriguez, OCN®, BSN, RN
Kimberly Shepherd, BSN, RN, CPHON®
Allison Sterner, BSN, RN, OCN®
Alexxis Talbot, RN, BSN, OCN®
Lisa Teixeira, RN
Tracie Treadaway, RN, BSN, BMTCN®, CCRP
Gianna Yockel, BS, RN, CHPN
Lorna Zweck, BSN-RN, BMTCN, OCN®