Connie Henke Yarbro Excellence in Cancer Nursing Mentorship Award
Recipients attending the ONS Congress® will be invited to meet with Connie Henke Yarbro and will be presented with this award at the Oncology Nursing Foundation reception or other programs.
Applications Open: October 15, 2021
Application Due: February 14, 2022
Applicants notified via email by: March 2022
Note: An individual cannot receive this award more than one time.
Award: Recipient receives special recognition through a range of Oncology Nursing Foundation platforms, press recognition through Oncology Nursing Foundation, including, but not limited to, feature in Oncology Nursing Foundation newsletter, feature on Oncology Nursing Foundation web site, and press release sent to list of colleagues and workplace provided by the winner.
Purpose: To recognize and support excellence in the mentorship of oncology nurses.
Nomination: Application must be submitted by a nominator in recognition of the nominee/mentor. Nominees may be an oncology nurse (ONS member or non-member) or ONS Chapter that meets the qualifications outlined below.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must:
- Be a registered nurse with at least two years experience in oncology nursing or a Chapter established for at least two years.
- Have provided mentoring outside what is expected within work or employment responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellence in the mentorship of others in the practice of oncology nursing in the academic, clinical, or research setting.
The primary selection focus is the nominee’s contribution to mentoring oncology nurses outside their work-related responsibilities.
Support Letters: The nominator must provide at least 2 letters in support of the nominee that describes:
- How the nominee has participated in mentoring relationships. Be sure to include those qualities that distinguish the nominee.
- The types of mentoring in which the nominee has participated (academic, clinical, research)
- The outcomes of the relationship between the nominee and those mentored
- If the mentored individual works with the nominee, the letter must clearly describe how this mentoring went beyond what would be expected in an employment role.
- Applications closed.
2022 Award Recipient
Past Award Winners
|Erica Fischer-Cartlidge||2021||Judith Payne||2010|
|Mei Fu||2020||Jane Armer||2009|
|Jeannine Brant||2019||Joan Haase||2008|
|Susan Mazanec||2018||Jean Brown||2007|
|Mary Elizabeth Davis||2017||Susie Maloney-Newton||2006|
|Laura Benson||2016||Marilyn Haas||2005|
|Pamela Ginex||2015||Judi Johnson||2004|
|Nancy Houlihan||2014||Christine Gatlin||2003|
|Phyllis Kaldor||2013||Brenda Shelton||2002|
|Bertie Fields||2012||Patricia Buchsel||2001|
|Karen Moore||2011||Shirley Gullo||2000|