Leadership Scholarship Opportunities
These opportunities are generously supported by funds from ONS Past Presidents and the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation.
The Foundation offers two leadership scholarship opportunities to help serve the oncology nursing community. Nurses can apply for both the ONS Past Presidents Leadership Scholarship and the ONCC Emerging Leaders Scholarship through the application found below.
Applications open March 2022
Awards: Up to $1,200 registration fee to attend a leadership nursing continuing professional development program held either virtually or in person. Funds are for program registration only.
Purpose:To support a registered nurse, working in oncology, interested in developing their leadership skills to improve cancer care by attending a leadership continuing education program.
- The applicant must be a registered nurse currently working in oncology. There is no set number of years in oncology or academic degree, required for this scholarship.
- Those wishing to be considered for the ONCC Emerging Leaders Scholarship must currently hold an ONCC certification.
- The leadership course selected by the applicant must be for nursing continuing professional development and cannot be used for credits towards an academic degree.
- The leadership course is up to the discretion of the applicant and can be outside of nursing, (i.e., business or leadership/management). However, the course cannot be a component of a larger non-leadership course/course (i.e. ONS Congress track).
- Applications open March 2022
2021 Leadership Scholarship Recipients
Amanda Sarafin, RN, MSN, OCN®
Eleni Stella Kalandranis, MSN, RN, OCN®, CMSRN
Erin Vida RN, BSN, OCN®
Jessica Leibelt, APRN, AOCNP®
St. Petersburg, FL
Jessica Suarez, RN, MSN, OCN®
Joan Moore, RN, MSN, OCN®, CCRP
Lori Ranallo, RN, MSN, APRN-BC, CBCN®
Marilyn Sayamoungkhoune, RN, BSN, OCN®
Saint Monica, CA
Michelle Stamp, RN, MSN, OCN®
Sunny Stirling, PhD, MBA, RN, OCN®, RN-BC